NWA Clan's Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
April 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

IceCube113's Top 15 Best Music Albums in History of Music

3 posters

Go down

IceCube113's Top 15 Best Music Albums in History of Music Empty IceCube113's Top 15 Best Music Albums in History of Music

Post  IceCube113 Fri Jun 29, 2012 5:55 am

DISCLAIMER: - This list may not be 100% correct due to difficulties I had coming up with it, the top 5 should be alright, but the rest is really coming out of my brain, and not my heart, so... xP
- Oh and also these are the top 15 albums that I most enjoy listening to, these are not top 15 sold albums or something like that ^^
- Also I don't own any of the music on here, obviously ^^ Wish I did tho...

So, with that out of the way let's start with...

#15: AC/DC - Highway to Hell

Why this album?

Dadada, dadada, da, da, da, da, dada Very Happy
Is there a better way to open an album but a riff that will always be remembered as "people screaming f**k YEA!!! everytime it's played in a moving vehicle, preferably on a highway..."
This was the sixth album recorded by AC/DC (fifth studio) and the last one with the frontman being Bon Scott...
It was also the first AC/DC album to break the US Top 100 reaching it's peak at #17

Album Highlights?

Well obviously you got Highway to Hell as the opening track, but my favorites would be Touch too Much(12:00) and Night Prowler(35:14)

#14: Black Sabbath - Paranoid

Why this album?

This is one album with an unbelievable message, just listen to the lyrics, makes you want to spit at humanity's face Very Happy
It also contains Black Sabbath's two biggest singles: Paranoid and Iron Man.

Album Highlights?

Again, obviously you got Paranoid(7:58) and Iron Man(15:26), but my favorites would be War Pigs (opening track) and Electric Funeral(21:22)

#13:Rage Against The Machine - Rage Against The Machine

Why this album?

Let me just say that whenever I was posting the albums I would listen to them in the mean time. Well I couldn't do that to this one because of my uncontrollable headbanging ^^ Btw before you listen to this album you might warn everyone to stay away from you as far as possible as you might turn into murder mode, just saying.... f**k THE GOVERNMENT!!!!!! Anyway in all seriousness this is the most energetic album I have heard....

Album Highlights?

The biggest hits on this album are Killing in The Name (4:05) which you might know from Radio:X on GTA San Andreas ^^ and Freedom (46:49)
My favorites: The two hits, Bullet in The Head and Know your Enemy (has nothing to do with the Green Day song)

#12: Deep Purple - Machine Head

Why this album?

'Cuz it has Smoke on The Water muthafucka Very Happy
Nah just kidding, but the real reason is similar, it's the closest you can get to the ultimate Deep Purple experience ^^
The ultimate 70's album for me ^^

Album Highlights?

That would be Smoke On The Water(20:05), if you think you don't know that song, trust me, you know it...
Then you have Pictures of Home(11:01), Highway Star (opening track), Lazy(25:47) and so on...

#11 AC/DC - Back In Black

Why this album?

AC/DC is back on the list, and it's back in black mufucka afro (When you think about it, the sentence has 2 meanings)
Only this time it has a different frontman: Brian Johnson
The whole album is basically dedicated to Bon Scott, who died earlier the year this album came out (1980)

Album Highlights?

Biggest Hits: Back In Black (21:52), You Shook Me All Night Long (26:08), Hells Bells (opening track), Shoot to Thrill (05:11)
Personal Favorites: Rock 'n' Roll Ain't Noise Pollution (37:42), Back In Black (21:52), You Shook Me All Night Long (26:08)

#10 Metallica - Black (Metallica)

Why this album?

Cuz I'm going black on yo' asses baby afro
Or maybe it's just my 10th favorite album, you'll never know ^^
Anyway when it came to Metallica it was either this, Kill 'Em All or Master of Puppets, seeing how this one has most of their hits, I went for this one...

Album Highlights?

Where to even begin? xD
Well you got Enter Sandman (opening track) which has a similar effect as Smoke On The Water and Nothing Else Matters (36:00) which are their two biggest hits on the album...
Minor hits were: The Unforgiven (14:43), Sad but True (5:30), Wherever I May Roam (21:10) etc, etc.

#9: Iron Maiden - Number of the Beast

Why this album?

Grand finale of my Metal albums, and possibly the greatest Metal album of all time! 666! IceCube113's Top 15 Best Music Albums in History of Music 895430

Album Highlights?

Number of the beast (20:35), Run To The Hills (25:26), Hallowed Be Thy Name (33:08)
Favorites are the same (Excuse my lack of humor/creativity here I'm getting pretty tired IceCube113's Top 15 Best Music Albums in History of Music 9595)

#8: Pink Floyd - The Wall

Why this album?

For me this is barely an album, it's more than that, it's like a whole story told through one piece of music (listen to the album and you'll see)
In order to understand this album I reccomend watching this movie:

It basically serves as music video for the whole album and It's f***ing amazing IceCube113's Top 15 Best Music Albums in History of Music 377560

Album Highlights?

Happiest Days of Our Lives and Another Brick In The Wall Part 2 (9:00), Comfortably Numb (53:00)
This isn't really a "Highlight" album seeing as the whole thing is basically like one song itself, so....

#7: Moby - Play

Why this album?

OK, most of you now are probably wondering "Wth, how did we went from Metallica to Moby in just a couple of moves", or even "Who the f**k is Moby"
Well Moby is an Electronica Producer (exerimental electronica if you will) in which I find lots of inspiration when I sit down to do something in FL Studio (99% of the time it's nothing). That would probably be the biggest reason Moby is on this list.

Album Highlights?

Porcelain (7:32), Why Does My Heart Feel So Bad (11:33), Honey (opening track), Find My Baby (3:30)
These are the ones I find most inspiration in anyway ^^

#6: Bob Dylan - Highway 61 Revisited

Sorry guys, couldn't find this one on Youtube Sad

Why this album?

"The opening snare to "Like a Rolling Stone" is like the hitting of the opened door to your mind"
Somebody said that but I'm not sure who... No seriously I have no idea, maybe someone can help me xP
Anyway "Like a Rolling Stone" is DEFINITIVELY my favorite song right now, so what do you expect from the album? 6th of course ^^
For me what makes this album so amazing is that basically the lyrics to every single song is actually poetry, and that the way he combines it with complex blues-rock is just above me :O

Album Highlights?

Like A Rolling Stone, Highway 61 Revisited, Ballad of a Thin Man, Just Like Tom Thumb's Blues

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

And finally we've made it, the definitive Top 5 best albums of all time!

Let's a gooo!!!

#5: Queen - Greatest Hits

Why this album?

OK, again I can see what you're thinking: "WHAT?! A greatest hits album? Does that even count?"
Maybe it does, maybe it doesn't but who cares, IT'S f***ing QUEEN!

Album Highlights?

That's kinda a bad question seeing that it's a Greatest Hits album, but my favorites would be: Don't Stop Me Now (22:31), Killer Queen (09:49), Another One Bites The Dust (06:07), Bohemian Rhapsody (opening track)

#4: The Jimi Hendrix Experience -Are You Experienced?

Why this album?

'Cuz It's Foxeyyyy.... (Play the album to get the joke)
It's probably one of the best albums to come out of the mind of a single person (the other two people on the pic just play the drums and bass), not to mention that very person is one of the greatest guitarists of all time...
And probably one of the greatest hippie albums of all time (second I know of). The first one is actually right next in this very list Very Happy

Album Highlights?

Oh man, where to even begin, this is another great album xP

Foxy Lady (opening track), Manic Depression (3:20), Fire (23:39), Wind Cries Mary (53:26) are roughly the best, the whole album is great...

#3 The Doors - The Doors

Why this album?

Man, this is some cryptic s**t drunken
Anyway, this is the debut album of the "infamous" The Doors...
The reason I say infamous is... well just watch their live performances and you'll see ^^
If you want to understand this band a bit more, I recommend watching the movie "The Doors", which is based on the band, and no it's not like The Wall don't worry ^^

Album Highlights?

This album contains their two biggest hits Break on Through (opening track) and Light My Fire (14:34)
My personal favorites would be Soul Kitchen (2:29), Back Door Man (21:42) and The End (32:49)

#2 Nirvana - Nevermind

Why this album?

For me this album is a history changer...
Nobody has heard of Nirvana nor Grunge, not to mention was anybody into Alternative Music, but when this album came out, everybody forgot the metal hair bands of 80's and move on with this... In other words, this album started the 90's and turned the rock scene of the 90's in what we know today, and seeing how I love 90's grunge, this is the same to me as Christmas is to Christians santa

Album Highlights?

Obviously their biggest hit was the opener Smells Like Teen Spirit, then you have Come As You Are (9:15), my personal favorite Breed (12:54) and many,many more Very Happy

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

And, here it is gentleman, the moment we've all been waiting for, the best album in history of music according to..... me Very Happy

Maybe for some it's quite obvious what I will pick, maybe for some it isn't, but here we go...

Are you ready?

(drumroll)

What is it?

What is the greatest album of all time?

Are you excited? Very Happy

I know you are Very Happy

Keep on scrolling Wink

Almost there xP

Almost.... there....

It's......

...a 70's psychadelic classic rock album ^^

Can you see it? ^^

Only some of you can ^^

It's.....

#1: Pink Floyd - Dark Side of The Moon

Why this album?

Let me just start by saying that calling this album a "masterpiece" would almost be an insult to it ^^
Okay maybe I'm exaggerating a bit, but it's AMAZING!!
The whole idea of the album is it's experimentation and it's focusing of the pressures of life (Time, Money)
Then near the end of album you got songs that are dealing with mental craziness (Pink Floyd is familiar with this because one of their ex members was a lunatic)
The lyrics are so cryptic and inspiring, it really is amazing ^^
The only way to experience it is to listen to it, no words can explain it...

Album Highlights?

For me there are no "highlights" in this album, because the whole thing is amazing on one level, there are no downfalls and uprises...

----------------------------------

And there you go ^^
The 15 best albums of all time, as seen by a 15 year old living in a small country in East-Southern Europe ^^
The journey that led us to music variating from electronica to folklore, and from 90's grunge, to 60's classic rock ^^

Some of the honorable mentions include:
Led Zeppelin - Led Zeppelin IV
Michael Jackson - Thriller
The Beatles - Abbey Road (or any other Beatles album for that matter)
Boston - Boston
Pearl Jam - Ten
The Smashing Pumpkins - Siamese Twins
NWA - Straight Outta Compton
Eminem - The Slim Shady EP
And many, MANY more Very Happy (I can't think at this point ><)

PS. Sorry for the low quality on some of the youtube videos ><

Also feel free to post your own favorite albums and stuff ^^

IceCube113
IceCube113

Back to top Go down

IceCube113's Top 15 Best Music Albums in History of Music Empty Re: IceCube113's Top 15 Best Music Albums in History of Music

Post  [NWA]Adam0795 Fri Jun 29, 2012 6:22 am

Nice, many of those albums are my favourites as well Very Happy
[NWA]Adam0795
[NWA]Adam0795
Admin

Back to top Go down

IceCube113's Top 15 Best Music Albums in History of Music Empty Re: IceCube113's Top 15 Best Music Albums in History of Music

Post  [NWA]GrannyG Fri Jun 29, 2012 1:52 pm

IceCube113 wrote:[color=red]
- Also I don't own any of the music on here, obviously

Nooooo,really?
[NWA]GrannyG
[NWA]GrannyG
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  IceCube113 Sat Jun 30, 2012 1:12 am

It's a joke referring to how almost any Disclaimer has that....
IceCube113
IceCube113

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down